2 Nephi 11:6-7

And my soul delighteth in proving unto my people that save Christ should come all men must perish.
For if there be no Christ there be no God; and if there be no God we are not, for there could have been no creation. But there is a God, and he is Christ, and he cometh in the fulnessss of his own time. (2 Nephi 11:6-7)

Mailing Address:
Les Missionaires
Elder Mason Wells
6 rue Henry Maret
57000 Metz
FRANCE

Email: mason.wells@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 25, 2014

Saying Goodbye
The best kept secret in the church IS how hard it is to drop off your child knowing you wont see them for two years.  After checking out all the kids early on their first day of school, we had lunch at Outback (Mason's favorite) with Chad's cousin John Miller and his wife and son who was also entering the MTC to serve in the Phillipines.  After lunch we took pictures in front of the Temple.  Mason said goodbye to Tayla with tear-filled eyes and then we rushed over to "the drop-off".  The standard two minute drop off was probably even shorter as Mason was anxious to go and knew goodbye was going to be hard on everyone.  So with Tayla crying to get out of her car seat, we each gave quick hugs and off he went.When we arrived home we found a letter from Mason sitting on the kitchen counter.  Most of the letter was his testimony that I thought we would share here.  This letter was a great comfort to us and we have read it several times, especially when we are missing him.  We hope to hear from Mason on his Pday which is either weds. or thurs. this week.  Until then we hope and pray he is doing well.


"Consider this my first letter from the MTC.  I wanted to share my testimony I wrote over this last year.  Everything I write comes from the heart, and I stand as a witness that God is real and that he will bless our family.
  Christ allows me to become more than I think I can become.  He holds my burdens and gives me strength to endure.  Without him I am without physical ability to bring about good in His kingdom.  He brings me out of darkness and allows me to see the good in life.  He gives me trials that I might learn humility.  He shows me my weakness that I might strengthen my Spirit.  He has led me by the Spirit.  He continues to lead me through the scriptures; through the Prophet; and through my patriarchal blessing.  He is willing to forgive the person I once was, and accept what I have become.  Repentance is about changing the nature of my being-I know it works.  Praying and reading the scriptures can slowly edify me; they can keep me tethered to God.  The joy that God can give me is better than any material substance.  God always knows what is better for me.  His will is more important than mine.  He guides me quietly, and I can hear Him when I am willing to hear him.  He works in silent ways, but he is always willing to show me the way.  God knows what I grow through and he can carry my inadequacy.  I will be judged one day on what I've become and how I dealt with those inadequacies.  Because of Christ I can repent for my shortcomings.  Because of Christ I can return to live in the presence of my Heavenly Father.  He bore my afflictions so that I can become as He has become and as the Father is.  His mercy has been shown in the way he comforts me; there have been many small acts in my life that have testified that God is present and real, and that He loves me.  The Lord refines me when I strive to change; he can allow me to develop righteous desires and clean habits.  Righteous desires and living a righteous life result in finding true happiness; happiness that is conditional only on the Savior's unconditional sacrifice in Gethsemane. I know that God will carry me through the trials that I will face in the future.  He is a just God, and through suffering he will refine my soul.  I trust Him to guide my life and my refinement through mortality; I know that through faith on Him all things are possible, and all people can be saved.  I know that I will be guided not only to do His will, but if I so wish, to also prepare for eternal life.  God is real.  God is just.  God loves His children, and I know he loves me."

  I love you all very much.  God will bless you for your sacrifice.
  Your son, Elder Mason Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment